General Surgery & Oncology
- As a Registrar and Lecturer in Surgery and in Private Practice, Dr. Takalkar has done independently more than 10,000 operations in various branches of Surgery including Oncology, major operations include Nephrectomies, surgery for Urolithiasis, ileal Conduit for caBladder, Bladder Dissections,Total Gastrectomy,A.P. Resection, Hepatic Resections, Pancreatic Duodenectomy,Total Thyroidectomy, cholecystectomies, Surgery for Breast Cancer, Sugarove Procedures, Wertheim’s Hysterectomies, Pieneas Pull through, Decortication, Lobectomies, Oesophagogastrectomies. He has special interest in Proctology.He has also done Emergency and planned vascular Procedures including Embolectomy, AV Fistulas,and putting Arterial and venous lines. He has performed almost all the Procedures in Surgery including Proctology. He has trained more than 50 post graduate students in Surgery.
- He has performed more than 1000 Cystoscopies and performed more than 500 Laparoscopic Surgeries. He has been doing regularly Laparoscopic Appendicectomy, PCOD treatment, Cholecystectomy,All procedures in OBGY,Laparascopic Hysterectomy, Teaching – As a Post Graduate resident at Government Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad and Bhatia /Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, he taught undergraduate students and post graduate surgical residents. As a Lecturer in Surgery at Government Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad , he taught undergraduate and post graduate students with Nursing and dental students from 1993 to 1997.
- CIIGMA has separate Endoscopy theatre,C-Arm, IITV and therapeutic G1 Endoscopy with ERCP. We Perform daily 5-7 Endoscopies with 20-30 therapeutic endoscopy. He has trained at the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad(India).
- Abdominal Lumps- A clinical Challenge, Thesis for MS Degree 1991
- Comparative Study of Gentamycin and Amikacin, Department of Pharmacology,1986
- Primary Common Bile Duct Stone,published in October 1996 in Indian Journal of Surgery vol 10 PP197-198
- Journal of Surgery Jan Feb 1997 47-49
- Pyloric Transection- Effect of Blue Abdomenal Trauma ,Indian Clinical Patterns and Management of Pediatric Urolithiasis
- A study of 100 cases Indian Journal of Surgery Oct.1997 271-276
- Primary Malignant Fibrous Histocytoma of Lung ( accepted for publication)
- GIANT (True) Retroperitoneal Cyst. ( accepted for publication)
- Spontaneous closure of Duodenal Fistula in infected Hydatid Cyst.( accepted for publication)
- Management of Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma of Thoracic Wall: A Case Report Research In Cancer and Tumor 2013, 2(2): 35-37
- Primary Extra Nodal Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma of Urinary Bladder: A Case Report and Brief Review Research In Cancer and Tumor 2013, 2(3): 45-48
- Adenocarcinoma in First and Second Part of Duodenum - a Case Report Int J Biol Med Res. 2013; 4(2):3237-3238
- Esophageal, gastric and duodenal disorders overview of clinical profile of carcinoma of esophagus: A single institution experience. Journal of gastroenterology and hepatology 2013; 28 (3):23-693
- Acral Malignant Melanoma: Report of Two Cases Scholars Journal of Medical Case Reports 2013; 1(2):40-41.
- Pioglitazone Induced Carcinoma of Urinary Bladder: A Case Report British Biomedical Bulletin 2013]131-135
- Primary Skeletal Muscle Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in the Thigh: A Case Report Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2013; 1(4):295-297
- Synchronous Adenocarcinoma of Caecum and Sigmoid Colon: A Case Report Research In Cancer and Tumor 2013, 2(1): 22-26
- An elderly woman with triple primary metachronous malignancy: A case report and review of literature International Journal of Surgery Case Reports 4 (2013) 593– 596.
- Thoracic Epidural Anesthesia for Modified Radical Mastectomy in Carcinoma of Breast Patient with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Case Report. International journal of case reports and images 2013.
- Bilateral synchronous breast cancer in an elderly male. International journal of case reports and images 2014.
- Hormone Related Risk Factors and Breast Cancer: Hospital Based Case Control Study "Research in Endocrinology,"
- Saree cancer in Indian woman: treated successfully with multimodality management. Dermatology reports.
Reviewer for the Journal
- International journal of surgery case reports.
- Analysis of 2772 Fibreoptic Bronchoscopies at Medical College, Aurangabad, Kalbande M. B, Deodhar A. P, Takalkar U. V- Fourth Annual Conference of Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of India, Jointly Second World Conference on Open Heart Surgery, February 1991,Bombay,India.
- Primary Malignant Fibrous Histocytoma of Lung, MARSACON held at Parbhani, India oct.1995
- Difficult intubation for huge dermoidcyst of scalp, XLII Annual Conference, Indian Society of Anaesthesists, Jaipur, Dec 1994
- Primary Closure of Fistula in ano. 56th Annual Conference ASICON 1996,Mumbai
- Video Demonstration of IVOR LEWIS Operation, 56th Annual Conference ASICON 1996, Mumbai
- Video Demonstration of Wertheim’s Hysterectomy,MARCON,Nov.1996, at Jalna
- Intra operative peripheral embolosation, Dr. Sadhana Kulkarni, Dr. Aparna Belambe, Dr. U. V Takalkar at XLIV Annual National Conference ,Indian Society of Anesthesiiologist, Hyderabad, Dec. 1996.
- National Merit Scholarship during SSC and HSC
- AIIM Fest Memorial Prize & Palnitkar Memorial Prize for First in MBBS
- Two Silver Jubilee memorial Prizes for First in Biochemistry & Physiology
- Darak Prize for First in MBBS
- Shirish Patel Memorial Prize for 1st in MBBS
- AIIM Fest Memorial Prize for Pharmocology and FMT
- Silver Jubilee Prize for First in 2nd MBBS
- Bhogaonkar Prize and Khose Prize for First in 3rd MBBS
- Dr.Kalpana Bardapurkar “ Gold Medal “ for Surgery
- Gopichand Nagori prize
- Scientific Conference Fund Prize
- Silver Jubilee Prize for First in 3rd MBBS
- Winner of Pfizer Postgraduate Award and Gold Medal
- AIIM Fest Memorial Prize for Opthalmology and Surgery